Knock the Stuffing Out of Ya! Post-Thanksgiving Hike
Time & Location
About the event
Left over turkey sandwiches are a must! This is a moderate level hike. Please Note: All hikes meet at the Waterville Valley Rec. Department 15 min. before listed start time unless otherwise noted. Space is limited.
What to bring:
1. Clothing appropriate for outdoor travel (non- cotton) Synthetic or wool materials are ideal for cold/ wet environments.
2. Waterproof/wind proof top and pants
3.Two insulating layers ( synthetic or wool - non- cotton)
4. Extra socks (non- cotton)
5. Winter hiking boots & gaiters
6. Warm hat and gloves/ mittens
7. Hand warmer packets ( hot hands)
8. Backpack 9. Trekking poles & snowshoes
10. Water 2-3 liters (insulated container helps prevent freezing)
11. Snacks ( lightweight & high energy foods)
12. Personal items (cell phone, camera, medications, etc)
13. A smile & positive attitude!
Before hiking we will review required equipment, safety protocols, and the route for the hike.
LEVEL 2: Moderate. Walking surface typically on gravel or groomed surfaces with occasional obstacles. May be rough, steep, and involve un-bridged stream crossings.