Sat, Nov 28|
Waterville Valley Recreation Department
Knock the Stuffing Out of Ya! Post-Thanksgiving Hike
In this guided hike we will work off yesterday's big meal! Noon Peak (2,976') and Jennings Peak (3,440') have some of the best views in New Hampshire, offering views of both the Sandwich Wilderness and Waterville Valley. This is a moderate/ difficult hike, with a total of 6.5 miles.
Time & Location
Nov 28, 2020, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Waterville Valley Recreation Department, 11 Noon Peak Rd, Waterville Valley, NH 03215, USA
About the event
Left over turkey sandwiches are a must! This is a moderate level hike. Please Note: All hikes meet at the Waterville Valley Rec. Department 15 min. before listed start time unless otherwise noted. Space is limited.
What to bring:
1. Clothing appropriate for outdoor travel (non- cotton) Synthetic or wool materials are ideal for cold/ wet environments.
2. Waterproof/wind proof top and pants
3.Two insulating layers ( synthetic or wool - non- cotton)
4. Extra socks (non- cotton)
5. Winter hiking boots & gaiters
6. Warm hat and gloves/ mittens
7. Hand warmer packets ( hot hands)
8. Backpack 9. Trekking poles & snowshoes
10. Water 2-3 liters (insulated container helps prevent freezing)
11. Snacks ( lightweight & high energy foods)
12. Personal items (cell phone, camera, medications, etc)
13. A smile & positive attitude!
Before hiking we will review required equipment, safety protocols, and the route for the hike.
LEVEL 2: Moderate. Walking surface typically on gravel or groomed surfaces with occasional obstacles. May be rough, steep, and involve un-bridged stream crossings.