Sun, Jul 26|
Waterville Valley Recreation
Orienteering - Map & Compass Skills
Learn the basics of map and compass skills with an orienteering course! This is a fun activity for the entire family! Learn how to read a map and use your compass to find hidden "check points". Challenge yourself or race against family and friends. This activity will quickly become a favorite!
Time & Location
Jul 26, 2020, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Waterville Valley Recreation, 11 Noon Peak Rd, Waterville Valley, NH 03215, USA
About the event
Program Type: Outdoor Adventure
Instructor: Erick Amero
What to bring:
1. Compass or a Phone with a compass app.
2. Fully charged phone
3. Close-toed footwear
4. Water & snacks
5. Clothing for outdoor travel
6. Eye protection (for off trail safety)
- We will meet outside the WVRD to practice with compass and map reading skills, then travel to check points.
- WVRD staff will guide you on your quest and provide the necessary instruction to get you started.
- Most check points are close to town walkways but some off trail travel will be necessary.
- Space is limited to 6 spots